Together with other partner authorities and key stakeholders in Devon we have reviewed and updated the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy. The consultation documents are now available for comment from 21st August to 15th October 2020. As the Lead Local Flood Authority for its area we produced this strategy in line with the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
Devon’s previous strategy for 2014-2020 is still available and consists of a collection of documents including the main document, a summary report, and local Action Plan, showing Devon’s current investment in flood risk. A report showing achievements for 2019-20 has been produced.
The Action Plan contains a list of projects which Devon County Council is financially contributing to in 2020/2021. Other risk management authorities in Devon will have their own projects they are contributing to – for more information contact them directly.
The high level strategic document outlines the responsibilities of the Risk Management Authorities in Devon and how they are working in partnership to coordinate local flood risk management. This covers everything from engaging with communities and preparing for floods, responding to flood events, collaborating on flood risk studies and investing in flood improvements.
In order to update the strategy, a series of addendums will be made available to sit alongside the main document. The October 2020 Strategy Newsletter gives an update on how Devon and its partners have progressed and how they are fulfilling their duties and responsibilities. Please email us if you would like to see older versions of the strategy newsletter.
- Devon’s Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- Summary Report
- Action Plan or view on our interactive map
- Prioritisation List [Under Development]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Environmental Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Scoping Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Scoping Report Environmental Baseline
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Associated Plans and Reports
Supplementary Guidance for Devon
- Land Management Guidance
- Managing Land to Reduce Flood Risk – Summary Leaflet
- Sustainable Drainage Systems: Guidance for Devon
- Culvert Policy
Last Updated: August 2020