Together with other partner authorities and key stakeholders in Devon we have produced a Local Flood Risk Management Strategy. As the Lead Local Flood Authority for its area we produced this strategy in line with the Flood and Water Management Act 2010. It consists of a collection of documents including the main document, a summary report, and local Action Plan, showing Devon’s current investment in flood risk.
The Action Plan contains a list of projects which Devon County Council is financially contributing to in 2019/2020. Other risk management authorities in Devon will have their own projects they are contributing to – for more information contact them directly.
The public consultation ran from 27 November 2013 to 27 January 2014. The strategy was approved by Devon County Council’s Cabinet in April 2014 and published in June 2014.
The high level strategic document outlines the responsibilities of the Risk Management Authorities in Devon and how they are working in partnership to coordinate local flood risk management. This covers everything from engaging with communities and preparing for floods, responding to flood events, collaborating on flood risk studies and investing in flood improvements.
In order to update the strategy, a series of addendums will be made available to sit alongside the main document. The October 2019 Strategy Newsletter gives an update on how Devon and its partners have progressed and how they are fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
Previous strategy newsletters
- April 2015
- October 2015
- April 2016
- October 2016
- April 2017
- October 2017
- April 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- October 2019
- Devon’s Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- Summary Report
- Action Plan document or view on our interactive map
- Prioritisation List [Under Development]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Environmental Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Scoping Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment – Scoping Report Environmental Baseline
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Associated Plans and Reports
- Land Management Guidance
- Managing Land to Reduce Flood Risk – Summary Leaflet
- Sustainable Drainage Systems: Guidance for Devon
- Culvert Policy
- Skills Matrix
Last Updated: October 2019