These services may be experiencing disruption at this time. Please contact them directly to ensure they are still running.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page.
Guide: A Guide to Committee Meetings
- Part 1The County Council
- Part 2Committees
- Part 3Member Groups
- Part 4How can I find out when a meeting is to be held?
- Part 5Who attends meetings
- Part 6Can I attend a meeting?
- Part 7What is an Agenda
- Part 8Can I get hold of copies of an Agenda?
- Part 9What happens at the meeting?
- Part 10Can I take part in meetings?
What is an Agenda
An agenda is like the contents page of a book, it lists the matters to be considered and the order in which they will be taken.
Attached to it will be supporting papers that tell you more about many of the items that will be discussed and may offer recommendations.The order can only be altered by the meeting.
There is no set time at which a particular item will come up and no time limit on discussion of each item.