Advice on disposal of waste if someone in your household has or is suspected of having coronavirus (COVID-19)
Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths must be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags.
These bags must be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This must be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
Please visit the official UK government COVID-19 page for information about safe cleaning practices.
For all information on kerbside recycling/disposal services please visit your district council website.
Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs)
In line with the Government’s latest guidance, all HWRCs are closed from 24th March 2020 until further notice.
As an alternative, residents are advised to:-
- Use existing District Council kerbside services.
- Home compost.
- Leave grass cuttings on the lawn where they will mulch down to provide nutrients.
- Leave areas of grass uncut (the wildlife will love this!).
- Avoid projects that generate waste (e.g. postpone clearing out your garage/shed or doing your garden make-over)
- Store your waste at home until the Government restrictions are lifted.
- Hire a skip/Hippo bag or similar.