We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
- Whose responsibility is it to get a child to school?
- How do I check if my child is eligible for free school transport?
- How are distances measured?
- What if I am on a low income?
- What if my circumstances change?
- Transport to faith schools
- Transport to grammar schools
- Code of conduct
- Moving house
- Route safety
What if my circumstances change?
Income assessed entitlement has to be reapplied for every year so you should not assume that you will continue to have support if your circumstances change – for example if your child no longer has free school meals, or your family no longer gets the maximum level of Working Tax Credit. We advise you to consider whether you would be able to get your child to school if assistance was withdrawn because withdrawal of free transport is not considered sound grounds for an appeal, as you have been advised in advance that this could happen if your child ceases to be eligible.