We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
- How are distances measured?
- How do I check if my child is eligible for free school transport?
- What if I am on a low income?
- What if I have chosen my child's school because of religion or belief?
- What if my circumstances change?
- Whose responsibility is it to get a child to school?
- Will my child get free school transport?
- Low income families
- Transport to faith schools
- Transport to grammar schools
- Moving house
- Route safety
- Code of conduct
What if my circumstances change?
Income assessed entitlement has to be reapplied for every year so you should not assume that you will continue to have support if your circumstances change – for example if your child no longer has free school meals, or your family no longer gets the maximum level of Working Tax Credit. We advise you to consider whether you would be able to get your child to school if assistance was withdrawn because withdrawal of free transport is not considered sound grounds for an appeal, as you have been advised in advance that this could happen if your child ceases to be eligible.