Skip to content

Guide: Secondary school transport

Moving house

If you have changed address please advise us on 0345 155 1019 so that we can check your child is still entitled to free school transport.

We would expect your child to move to the nearest or designated school for your new address. The only exception to this may be if your child is in Year 10 or 11 and is studying for their GCSE examinations. If this is the case we will consider your reasons for moving and take into account whether the move was voluntary or involuntary, how easily your child could move to the new school, your financial situation, whether you are able to transport your child to school yourself and the cost to the Local Authority of providing transport assistance.

You must allow at least one week’s notice for transport to be changed.