We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
- Whose responsibility is it to get a child to school?
- How do I check if my child is eligible for free school transport?
- How are distances measured?
- What if I am on a low income?
- What if my circumstances change?
- Transport to faith schools
- Transport to grammar schools
- Code of conduct
- Moving house
- Route safety
How are distances measured?
Walking distances (up to three miles) are measured using the shortest available walking route which may include roads and recognised footpaths. The measurement is made between the nearest entrance to your house (for example, a front gate) and the nearest entrance to the school grounds. Private driveways to homes and within schools are not included in the measurement. Distances over three miles are measured by road. Distances are measured using an electronic geographic information system (GIS)