Process for reporting temporary school closures
This last week or so has seen unseasonably cold temperatures, and some Devon schools have already had to either fully or partially close due to adverse weather conditions.
We thought it may be useful to remind schools of the process for reporting any temporary closures. Now would be a good time to test your log-in and check that you know your password, or reset this if needed!
Emergency school closures
- Login to My account area to report a temporary school closure.
- Your username is your school’s seven-digit DfE number. User accounts are linked to your school’s main email account (as displayed on the school database). If your school’s email address has changed, you can update this* once you log in, but it would be really useful if you could also let the Education systems team know so that they can update the school’s database.
- *Please don’t amend this main school email address to an individual’s email address.
- If you need additional users to have access please complete the Request extra user account form and extra log-ins will be set up for you.
- If your school is part of a group, for example, a Federation or MAT, we can arrange for a user account to be set up with the functionality to report multiple school closures – if this would be helpful please email a specific request to email@example.com.
Any problems logging in please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published13 December 2022
PurposesFor Information / Guidance
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."