Skip to content

Devon’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer

What to do if you’re not happy with a decision

Unfortunately, sometimes things go wrong, and when they do you have the right to raise your concerns or complain formally.

If you have an issue with a provider, whether it’s a school, social care or health service or private company, you should talk to them first and try to solve the problem together.

If you don’t feel confident doing this by yourself you can ask the Devon Information Advice and Support for SEND service (DIAS) for help and support.

If your complaint is related to the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) process, there are laws that affect how you complain. Please read our information about EHCPs for help with appeals, mediation and complaints.

Follow government guidance if you want to complain about the support you are receiving from a school.

To complain about Devon County Council services please contact the Customer Relations Team.