1. How many potholes have been reported in the South Hams this financial year?
2. How many claims for vehicle damage have been made this Financial Year in Devon?
863 have been processed, and there are 76 claims for this financial year waiting to be processed.
3. How many of those claims have had successful payouts?
4. How much was spent repairing potholes in the South Hams this financial year?
5. How much was spent repairing potholes for the “cycle race of Great Britain” and who paid for that?
Circa £159k was spent over the 184km length of the Tour of Britain in Devon. Both potholes and patching repairs were undertaken. Any repairs undertaken were paid for by Devon County Council.
6. How are roads assessed for the forward plan of repairs?
Information on how we identify and develop a forward plan of highway maintenance works can be found in the Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Plan.
This document is currently under review and will be updated once that review is complete. The County Council also liaises closely with Parish and Town Councils to understand local priorities which may aid in shaping future priorities
7. Where is the forward plan of repairs to highways published?
Information on future and current works can be found on this Devon County Council webpage.
8. At what frequency are roads in the South Hams inspected?
Information about road inspections can be found in the Devon County Council Highway Safety Policy.
The inspection frequency depends upon maintenance category; either monthly, six monthly, annually or once every two years. More information can be found on this Devon County Council webpage.