Date of Request: 14th October 2015
Date of Disclosure: 18th November 2015
Request and Response:-
- How many former Independent Living Fund (ILF) recipients reside in your authority area?
- How many former ILF recipients have had community care assessments since the closure of the ILF fund?
Between 75 – 100%. DCC can confirm that 100% are receiving support of some kind.
- How many former ILF recipients who have had community care assessments have had their care packages reduced following the assessment?
- How many former ILF recipients who have had community care assessments have had reductions in levels of care package funding and/or support of under 10%?
How many have had reductions of between 10 and 20%?
How many have had reductions of between 21% and 40%?
How many have had reductions of between 41% and 50%?
How many have had reductions of over 50%?
- What % of former ILF recipients, who have had a cut to their care package come from the following impairment groups:-
People with learning difficulties/disabilities
People with physical impairments
People with cognitive impairments;
DCC categorises this within learning diff/dis.
People with long term health conditions;
This category, on the whole, would fall within the categories outlined above. DCC does not hold separate figures for this.
People with mental health issues?
DCC did not review any people with mental health issues.
- How many former ILF recipients who have had community care assessments were provided with independent advocacy as detailed in the Care Act 2014?
Information not held. DCC does not track this information.
- How much funding did your authority receive from the Department for Communities and Local Government for your INDEPENDENT LIVING FUND GRANT DETERMINATION (2015/16)?
Devon County Council received a grant figure of £2,280,812 which covered the 9 months July 15 – March 16.
- What was the quarterly spend on ILF payments to ILF recipients residing in your authority prior to the closure of the ILF at the end of June 2015?
The quarterly spend on ILF at the end of June 2015 totalled £815,074.
- How is this funding being used?
Dispersed to local commissioning budgets.
- Are any former ILF recipients moving from their own home into residential care or supported housing following their community care assessment?
- Have any former ILF recipients had support replaced with the use of incontinence pads as part of the reassessment process and if so how many?
- Did your authority carry out an Equality Impact Assessment regarding the impact of the closure of the ILF and transfer of responsibilities to the Council including the decision whether or not to ring fence the transition funding? If so please send me a copy.
Yes. Copy provided here.