Could you please respond to the following questions for the most recent full financial year for which you have records?
1. What is the length of carriageway maintained by the highway authority?
2. What is the annual revenue budget allocation for highway maintenance and response (excluding improvements)?
Revenue allocation for Highway Maintenance in 2019/20 was £23,400,984
3. What is the approximate annual cost of response and repair following damage to the highway asset?
Please see the answer to question 2 above
4. How many “Green Claims” were raised in the year?
5. How many “Green Claims” led to a successful recovery of damages?
6. What was the value of damages recovered from those “Green Claims”?
7. How many “Red Claims” were received in the year?
8. How many “Red Claims” were paid in the year?
9. What is the value of damages paid in respect of those “Red Claims”?
10. What was the legal cost of defending “Red Claims” in the year?
11. From which year are the figures provided?
1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020
12. Could you please provide a copy of the highway inspection and intervention regime for the authority?
Devon County Council’s inspection policy can be seen online at: Highway Safety Manual