Stover Country Park contains over 114 acres of woodland, heathland, grassland, lake and marsh and a substantial variety of wildlife. The Nature Interpretation Centre, opened in 2000 is situated near the entrance of the park and consists of a visitor centre, classroom, rangers' office and public toilets. Additional recreation resources include interpretation boards, aeriel walkway, a bird hide, a car park and picnic areas. There is also a wealth of historical interest.
This site provides all the information you need to know before visiting with an educational or local interest group, or a private trip. It is updated monthly - wildlife and events news are published in the newsletter.
- Directions to Stover Country Park.
- Stover Leaflets
- Countryside Mobility Scheme South West
- Stover Country Park, Apply for a Parking Permit
Stover Country Park is owned and managed by Devon County Council
Stover Country Park has been awarded the Green Flag by the Civic Trust for the tenth consecutive year running. Many thanks to all Stover’s volunteers who help maintain the Park at such a high standard. The day was celebrated with a BBQ.
Tickets are now available for Stover’s Christmas Carols with the Salvation Army band—ring 01626-835236 to book a ticket or ask at the Rangers’ Office.
Please Note - Guided Walks along with Family and Children's Events detailed are Free for 2013 unless price is stated. However there are limited places which must be booked in advance.
- The Countryside Mobility Scheme is running at Stover Country park. The scheme aims to improve access to the countryside for people with limited mobility living in and visiting the South West region. To find out more click the link above.
Find out more
- Stover Show Gallery 2006
- Habitats and Wildlife
- Species List
- Active Zone
- Interpretation Centre
- Interactive Map
- Ted Hughes Poetry Trail
- Educational Opportunities
- Visiting with a group
- Using Stover as a Venue
- Aerial Walkway
- Stover Picture Gallery
- National and Country Parks
Also on devon.gov.uk
Other Web Sites