The Happiness Fund
Small not-for-profit organisations and businesses in the UK can apply for funding for grassroots, neighbourhood-based community projects.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based in their local community
- Be not-for-profit
- Be non-political
- Be focused on longevity
- Have a bank account in the name of the group
- Be willing to provide regular updates which Laughology can use on its website and social media to promote the project
- The fund is intended to help set up new groups and activities.
Small grants are available to grassroots projects & community-based projects in the UK which improve mental health, wellbeing, inclusion, learning and skills development in local communities.
Applications are considered four times a year. The next deadline is 17 June 2022.
Grants can support projects and activities focused on:
- Education: to ensure children get the best education, no matter what their background
- Health and nutrition: to ensure children have access to healthy food
- Sport: to ensure children have access to sport and activities irrespective of social background or physical ability.
Preference will be given to applications with a clearly defined and measurable outcome.
Applications are accepted from not-for-profit organisations and community groups in England and Wales. Preference will be given to applicants who have a demonstrable track record of delivering outcomes. The Foundation particularly likes to support projects in areas where their main sponsor Oakland International is an integral part of the local community.
Grants are available to not-for-profit organisations that support children and their families in England and Wales that address themes such as education, health, nutrition and sport.