- A guide to scrutinyWhat is scrutiny?
- A guide to scrutinyWhat does scrutiny review?
- A guide to scrutinyHow does it work?
- A guide to scrutinyWhat is my role in scrutiny?
- A guide to scrutinyThe 4 principles of good scrutiny
A guide to scrutiny
What is my role in scrutiny?
Councillors work with a variety of people to improve services.
Expert witnesses are invited to give information to the Committee or task group; these may be service users, academics, businesses, service providers, other councils or anyone who can help shape the outcome of the review.
Members of the public have a right to attend committee meetings and can always watch the live webcast. Views and opinions may also be sought by the committee outside the formal meetings in a variety of other ways.
Officers may be asked to present information to a committee or task group. This will be to inform councillors about how the service currently works and to help contribute ideas for future improvement.