This concerns a fish and seafood vending trailer bearing the trading name SERENE SKYE ON THE QUAY standing on Appledore Quay, Devon EX39 1QS.
1. Is the trailer standing on land owned by Devon County Council (the Council) as local highway authority ?
The land is not owned by Devon County Council. However, it is recorded as Highway Maintainable at Public Expense.
2. If so, when did the presence of the trailer on that land first come to the attention of the Council ?
26 July 2021
3. Has the Council ever granted any person permission to set up or keep the trailer on the land ?
4. If so, please provide a copy of any relevant licence, memorandum of permission or agreement, or correspondence embodying or evidencing such permission.
No permission granted
5. Unless spelt out in any such document, please specify the statutory power or other legal basis for the Council’s lawful grant of such permission.
Following our response to question 4, we do not hold this information.
6. Has the Council resolved to exercise the power under section 143 of the Highways Act 1980 to remove the trailer, or require its removal, from the land ?
7. If so, please provide a copy of any relevant resolution and/or notice.
Following our response to question 6, we do not hold this information.