1. How many complaints involving seagulls/gulls did the council receive in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022*
2. How many incidents involved a seagull/gull attacking an individual or pet in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022*
3. How much was spent on seagull/gull management in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022**?
4. Please give a brief description of the measures taken relevant to question 3.
5. Does your local authority have a specific fine regime related to gulls?. If so, please give a breakdown of fines given for feeding gulls in the years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022?
*For 2022, give the latest data at the point of reply **If easier, please feel free to supply with financial years if easier.
Under section 16, you must supply advice if the advice and assistance if the request – please get in touch if you need to do so.
Devon County Council does not hold this information because it does not have any responsibilities relating to seagulls. Any complaints about gulls are likely to be directed to the relevant District Council, presumably through their Environmental Health Departments (or, possibly, their ‘Street Scene’ or ‘Public Open Space’ teams).