Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to a road in East Devon, running from Coldharbour Farm Shop, Ottery St Mary, up the hill towards East Hill strips. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The Devon County Council Highway Safety Manual can be read online at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
This includes details of how inspections should be conducted and how repairs should be carried out once defects have been identified.
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 16th October 2018 and 22nd December 2018.
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
We can confirm that this road is inspected annually and was inspected on the 5th November 2018.
The safety inspection is undertaken by car; this is driven at a slow speed with the highways inspector as a passenger to identify any defects.
The record of the inspection can be seen via the link below with details of all carriageway defects and all repairs which were undertaken: