1. What tools does Devon County Council (DCC) use for IT system monitoring?
WhatsUp Gold is the primary infrastructure monitoring system on premise
2.Are you using the Microsoft System Center suite of Products for data centre management?
DCC use System Centre Configuration manager deploying updates/applications to Workstations and Servers, but no other System Center components.
3. Are you using Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) for your infrastructure monitoring?
4. Are you using another other form of dashboard on top of SCOM? PowerBI, Silect?, Savision LiveMaps?
5. Who manages System Center within the organisation?
This information is exempt under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (Personal Data).
Devon County Council are not obliged to provide information that is the personal information of another person if releasing it would contravene any of the provisions in the Data Protection Act 2018. In this instance we believe that the release of this information would contravene the first data protection principle and therefore Section 40(2) is applied.
6. Who Manages SCOM in the organisation?
7. Is there a team or an individual who manages SCOM?
8. Are there multiple people across different departments using SCOM for monitoring e.g., SQL team, NOC team, IT service desk?