I am writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act with regard to commercial property investments made by your organisation. By this I mean property that has been invested in to produce an income and/or capital growth rather than for the delivery of services or housing.
· Has your organisation invested in commercial property as outlined above since 2010 or has it the intention of doing so in the next 3 years?
· If yes:
· can you please send me an electronic copy of the decision(s) taken to approve this policy, or a link to it via a public website?
· how big in monetary terms is the fund available for this activity and how much has been invested to date?
· what is the percentage allocation of the investment between market sectors: offices, retail, industrial, hotel & leisure, other?
· was the investment funded from borrowing or from existing reserves? Please provide the percentage split, where relevant.
· If you did/will borrow money to invest, where did/will you borrow the money from?
· what is the percentage split of investments between those inside and those outside of your geographical/administrative area?
We can confirm that Devon County Council does not have a commercial property investment portfolio and we therefore do not hold the information you are requesting.