Housing Benefit

Could you please define/explain what evidence relating to a housing benefit claim is classed as or excepted as reasonable I.e. receipts provided for child care , contract of hours attending and cost per hour from the registered child minder written hours of work and pay and address on earnings certificate please and what would be classed as expecting unreasonable demands of evidence of the same nature for a claimant please Weather or not child care costs provided by registered approved care is classed as non-disposable income or disposable income when determine a claimants benefit award And if the claimant had provided receipts and a contract of care supplied with costs etc. from the childcare would it be accepted ?? Do you have the right to request it be in the form of written statement from the approved child care and signed by them having already provided sufficient evidence And if the child care refused to do this As they believe it’s unreasonable as in line with her other clients acceptance of receipts and the costs involved to herself would you refuse the entitlement for the claimant thanks.

Devon County Council is not responsible for housing therefore we do not hold this information.

In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;


Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below;


I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information requested