I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I would like to receive information regarding so-called ‘pop up brothels’.

– How many properties has this local authority investigated in relation to complaints of alleged sex work in the past three years?
– How many of these reports turned out to be substantiated, i.e. how many properties were proven to have been used as a place of temporary sex work?

Devon County Council hold no information in relation to your request.

If your query relates to adult clubs which require a licence or may have tried to operate without a licence, this is governed by district, city or unitary councils. Depending upon the geographical area you are interested in, we would therefore recommend that you contact a district, city or unitary council. Their details can be found on our website at:

If, in the alternative, your query relates to sex-workers outside of an adult club then this would be a police matter. We would recommend that you contact Devon & Cornwall police and their details can be found on their website at: