1) Does the local authority use the 43 point national pay spine introduced in April 2019 (see http://www.unison.org.uk/content/uploads/2018/08/New-NJC-Pay-Spine-2018-2019.pdf for copy of pay spine) or are local pay rates in operation?
2) If the local authority uses the national pay spine are there variations, eg some spine points paid at a different rate to the national scale?
3) Does the local authority have an agreement to pay employees at least the Living Wage Foundation living wage of £9.00ph?
4) For the following job roles:-
b. Teaching assistant
c. Higher level teaching assistant
d. Domiciliary care assistant
e. Refuse operative – districts
f. Environmental health officer – districts
g. Trading standards officer
If the national pay spine is in use, what are the current minimum and maximum spine points for each job role?
If the national pay spine is not in use, what are the current minimum and maximum salaries for each job role?
In respect of the positions described at (e) and (f), Devon County Council do not hold this information as these are positions employed by district, city or unitary councils. For this information we would recommend that you contact these authorities. Their contact details can be found on our website at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/neighbouring-authorities/
As we no longer employ domiciliary care assistants, we have interpreted your request to refer to those with the job title Reablement Support Worker. The spreadsheet showing the spine points for (a) to (d) and (g) is therefore available via the link below:
5. Please send a copy of council grading structure showing the minimum and maximum spine points for each grade.
This information is available via the link below: