(1) What has the budget allocated to libraries in your local authority been in each year from 2009 to 2018?
Budgetary details for 2012 – 2013 onwards are published in Budget Books on our public website. We do not hold information for 2009 – 2010 to 2011 – 2012.
(2) How much has been spent on security for libraries in each of those years?
We do not hold any information other than that published in Budget Books. Spending on security is the responsibility of Libraries Unlimited.
(3) How many libraries were transferred from council management to that of a private company during this period?
(4) Are there plans to outsource management of any libraries currently run and managed by the council?
No. The management of libraries in the Devon County Council area has already been outsourced to Libraries Unlimited.
(5) How many former library premises were sold off by the council to a private company during this period?
(6) Are there any libraries in your local authority area which are now entirely run and owned by a private company, and if so, could you please provide details?
No. All properties owned by Devon County Council are listed in the Property Asset Register. The library property portfolio is leased out to Libraries Unlimited SW who in turn manage and run the Library Service.