1. How many desktops/laptops/ tablets & displays are deployed by the Council?
The latest available figures (January 2019) show the following desktop PCs, laptops and Windows tablets deployed by Devon County Council:
Devon County Council does not record the number of displays (monitors) deployed so we therefore do not hold this information.
2. In reply to question 1 which department /facility are those located?
We do not hold a record of which department devices are deployed to.
3. What brand and models do you currently use?
Please see the table below:
|Standard Laptop||Lenovo L390|
|Hybrid Laptop/tablet||Lenovo L390 Yoga|
|Hybrid laptop/tablet with 3G/4G connectivity||Lenovo X390 Yoga|
|Power/Graphics laptop||Lenovo P51|
|Desktop PC||Stones mini desktop PC or Lenovo M700|
|Standard monitor||Liyama Prolite XUB2390HS-B1 23inch monitor|
|Large monitor||Liyama Prolite XB2783HSU-B3 27inch monitor|
4. How much did you pay for each laptop, desktop, tablet and display product?
We do not hold a central record of this information. To obtain this information would require an individual review of the 4,998 purchases referred to in our response to question and the monitors as well. Allowing for a 5 minute review for each purchase, this would take approximately 416 hours. This is in excess of the appropriate limit of 18 hours and, therefore, pursuant to s.12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we are not obliged to provide this information.
5. What year and month is the next hardware refresh due?
The next hardware refresh has not been scheduled. Its scope, format and timing is due to be considered in the first quarter of 2021 as part of the DCC ICT Roadmap.
6. Do you normally purchase equipment and services or as a capital?
Bulk device purchases are generally capital expenditure. Ad-hoc purchases are usually revenue.
7. Who is responsible for purchasing end user devices such as laptops, desktops, tablet, display and accessories?
End user device strategy is determined by the ICT Commissioning team
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team?
The ICT senior management team is detailed on DCCs published Organisational Structure which can be viewed online at https://www.devon.gov.uk/leadership-group/
9. Please name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc?
The current hardware supplier is Stone Group, Granite One Hundred, Acton Gate, Stafford, Staffordshire ST18 9AA http://www.stonegroup.co.uk.
Tenders are published online at http://www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk.