1. Does the Authority presently have any member of staff appointed as an Inspector under the authority of the Animal Welfare Act, Section 51?
YES – please continue to answer questions 2 and 3.
NO – please continue to question 4
2. HOW MANY MEMBERS OF STAFF ARE PRESENTLY APPOINTED AS INSPECTORS UNDER THE 2006 ACT?
69 – All Trading Standards Officers are appointed under the Act
3. IN WHICH DEPARTMENT(S) ARE THEY BASED?
The Devon, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards Service
4. By completing the grid, please provide in relation to your Authority the following information for the years 2010 – 2019
See Grid Data
1.Complaints received suggesting either unnecessary suffering or a failure to ensure the needs of a protected animal (AWA, ss 4 & 9).
- Refers to prosecutions by the authority alleging offences under section 4 and/or 9 of the Animal Welfare Act. Please do not any prosecutions undertaken by the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Including youth offenders.
- This refers to the actual number of orders imposed in consequence of the prosecutions brought by the authority.