Transport co-ordination - Paul Edmonds - Passenger Services Manager, Transport Co-ordination Service
|Summary of Matter or Issue Requiring Decision: |
Contract for the supply of Fuel Cards for Devon County Council fleet vehicles and vehicles hired for County business through the self-drive hire contract.
|Decision Taken: |
To extend the contract with Fuelcard Services Ltd for the provision of fuel cards from 22nd June 2019 until 13th May 2020.
|Summary of Reason(s) for Decision Taken: |
The decision has been taken on the basis of this providing best value to DCC at this present time as detailed in the options appraisal.
|Summary of Alternatives or Options considered and rejected: |
The following options were considered
– Extend the current contract until 13th May 2020.
– Standalone ITT competitive tender. This was rejected as DCC would not be able to get the same benefits doing this on its own as through the CCS framework
– Mini-competition from the CCS framework. This was not used as there was a clear winning Tenderer when the framework evaluation was carried out.
– Direct award a contract under the CCS framework. This was rejected as there was concern over the network coverage available from the framework suppliers.
– No longer have a contract in place and allow staff to pay for their own fuel and reclaim back. This was rejected due to the administrative costs involved and a lack of audit trail. It would also be non-compliant with DCC Financial Regulations.
|Details of any conflict of interest and dispensation granted to the Officer taking the decision or by any Member of the Council in delegating responsibility for any specific express delegation: |
No conflict of interest applicable to this contract award
|Contact for enquiries/further information: ||Transport Co-ordination Service: firstname.lastname@example.org or Devon Procurement Service: email@example.com|
|Decision Date: ||8 March 2019|
A copy of this decision and any supporting documentation considered by the Officer taking this decision may also be made available or inspection by the public at the Council’s Offices or posted upon payment of any copying and postage charges. Any member of the public wishing to take up either of these options is asked to please ring 01392 382888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org