Senior Procurement Officer - Mark Sibley
Decision to extend CP1296-16 – Washroom Services & Female Hygiene.
To extend the contract with Personal Hygiene Services (PHS) Ltd for a further 12 months from 1st October 2022 to 30th September 2023.
The decision has been made following an Options Appraisal which recommended the extension of the contract for 12 months for the following reasons:
- It enables the procurement to be rescheduled in order to accommodate economic recovery and strategic work which is a priority.
- There are no concerns over the level of core service provided.
- PHS have advised an overall price increase of 6%, however, under the current contract there have been no price increases for the last 6 years, which in real terms, when considering inflation, provides a saving over the term of the contract.
- It will enable sufficient time to conduct a further competition under ESPO framework 239_20 (which expires in 2024) which is considered the most cost-effective route to market. The framework will provide DCC and DCPP members with the most flexible option to provide the services required under a 4-year term (3+1) contract.
- ESPO’s 239_16 framework call-off terms provides for the option to extend the contract on a rolling 12 month basis on the same terms until such time as notice is given.
An options appraisal was carried out with the following options considered:
- Direct award from ESPO framework 239_20
- Further competition under ESPO framework 239_20
- Carry out an ITT process
- Let the contract expire and have no contract in place
There is no conflict of interest in relation to the extension of this contract.
A copy of this decision and any supporting documentation considered by the Officer taking this decision may also be made available or inspection by the public at the Council’s Offices or posted upon payment of any copying and postage charges. Any member of the public wishing to take up either of these options is asked to please ring 01392 382888 or email: email@example.com