These services may be experiencing disruption at this time. Please contact them directly to ensure they are still running.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page.
Joint Associate Director of Commissioning - Tim Golby
The award of inflationary uplift for care home fees for 2019/20
Following engagement and formal consultation with the care homes market, the following decisions were taken:
1) To award an aggregate increase of 3.78% on banded fees
2) To increase non-banded fees, which are negotiated individually, at the same rate of 3.78% as calculated by our approach to banded fees
3) To award increases to the personalised fee model rates as follows:
a. 2.61% increase to residential accommodation
b. 2.77% increase to nursing accommodation
c. 5.65% increase to the care hour element
Devon County Council sets an annual fee rate which reflects the cost of care it expects to pay for care and accommodation of individuals with an eligible need.
The cost of care figures have been increased to reflect National Living Wage and pension auto enrolment to be applied from 1st April 2019 and other nationally accepted measures of inflation as at September 2018
During February and March 2019, the Council consulted on its proposals. The consultation received limited responses, and all were considered by officers.
The Decision Maker has given due regard to the Consultation Document, the Equality Impact Assessment, market conditions and all consultation feedback. Following due consideration of these documents, the Decision Maker reached the decision set out above.
1) To make an award greater than the offer. This option was rejected as the offer is fair and reasonable and provides for inflationary pressures.
2) To award no increase in fees from the 2018/19 levels. This was rejected as being unreasonable considering increased costs being experienced by providers
A copy of this decision and any supporting documentation considered by the Officer taking this decision may also be made available or inspection by the public at the Council’s Offices or posted upon payment of any copying and postage charges. Any member of the public wishing to take up either of these options is asked to please ring 01392 382888 or email: email@example.com