Full Terms and Conditions
- You are authorised to sign on behalf of the above-named organisation and that any funding will be used to benefit the community in line with the priorities of the Growing Communities Fund and will only be used for the purposes specified in the application.
- When signing the application form, you are confirming that if you are a group eligible to apply without a Host and that your organisation is compliant with its legal governance structure and has two or more unrelated signatories.
- This Growing Communities grant will be used or allocated before 31 March 2023 and any unspent/uncommitted monies will be returned to Devon County Council promptly; without proof of purchase or commitment.
- That you will provide Devon County Council with a report on how the funding has benefited the organisation or local community or both.
- That you acknowledge and understand that approval of any grant relating to this application does not commit the County Council to ongoing funding.
- That you agree that details of your project may be used by DCC in its public information to promote good practice and inspire others to undertake effective community work and initiatives.
- That you agree that, if your application is not successful, we may share your application with other grant funders who may be interested in your project. We will ask you to confirm your permission before we do this.
Full details of the specific Devon County Council terms and conditions relating to these grant schemes form part of the application process and require projects to accept them before any funds are released. However, there are some generic conditions that apply to all the grant schemes, which your group or organisation project needs to be aware of:
- You must confirm on the application that your project meets the respective eligibility criteria. The grant can only be used for the purposes specified in the application. Any variation must be notified as soon as possible to the project team by email to email@example.com.
- Project applicants must confirm the project serves communities within the DCC administrative area of Devon, with at least 75% of the people benefiting from the project living in that area.
- There is no automatic right to a grant, DCC will consider all applications and decide on the applications it wishes to grant fund, seeking to distribute funding in an even-handed way across the entire area of Devon it administers. DCC reserves the right not to make a funding offer to a project.
- Grants will be awarded where they are deemed to be most needed and where they would have the greatest impact and outcomes.
- Grants will be awarded on a one-off basis. Any grant relating to an application does not commit the County Council to ongoing future funding.
- Applicants must accept in writing (an email or online application will suffice) the associated DCC terms and conditions before any grants can be released.
- A report of how the funding has benefited the organisation or local community will be provided; in line with the relevant terms and conditions This can include invoices and you may want to submit GDPR-compliant photos or videos.
- Any DCC grant-funded projects will clearly acknowledge, in any related publicity materials the Fund Scheme as a DCC initiative.
- DCC grant-funded projects accept that DCC will issue publicity about projects and activities that it supports, so may use such projects within its publicity materials and as promotional case studies and may wish the project to evaluate further its project work and outcomes. Publicity may include digital images, video and other content you have provided if you have confirmed them to be GDPR compliant.
- Repayment of DCC grant funds may be required at the sole discretion of Devon County Council if a funded project supplies false information, fails to spend the money in any allotted time period, fails to return evaluation materials within the agreed time period, becomes insolvent and/or there are any other breaches of the conditions or eligibility criteria.
Devon County Council may request additional information and assurances; requiring additional terms and conditions to apply and will require you to confirm in writing your acceptance of any additional terms and conditions before agreeing to provide grant funding.
Acceptance can be in the form of an email from the charity or organisation’s contact email address provided on the application form.