1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to Withycombe Road, Exmouth. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The Devon County Council Highways Safety Manual can be viewed online which set outs all policy details, including frequency of road safety inspections and how any defects should be handled.
The document can be viewed at the following address: https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
2. A copy of the road repair history for Withycombe Road, Exmouth over the past year. Please send me the full road repair, but this should include;
– Dates of all safety inspections between 8/10/2018 to 24/12/2018
– Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc.)
– Details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
A copy of the road repair history for the requested road is available via the link below:
With reference to the attached documentation and the Highways Safety Manual we referred to in response to question 1, we can confirm the following:
A safety inspection was carried out on the footway on the 12 December 2018.
All footway inspections are walked; all carriageway inspections are driven at slow speed with the inspector as a passenger.
Any defects identified and how they have been handled is set out in the attached documentation.