Environmental Information Regulations 2004
Date of Request: 21 May 2015
Date of Disclosure: 10 June 2015
Please find Devon County Council’s response to each of the questions below;
- How many planning applications for wind turbines have been submitted?
- How many planning applications for wind turbines have been approved?
- How many planning applications for wind turbines have been refused?
- Of those refused, how many of those decisions have been appealed?
- Of those appealed, how many of those appeals were upheld?
- Of those decisions upheld, was the appellant awarded costs (against Devon County Council) by the planning inspectorate?
- How many wind turbines (by individual turbine rather than by site) are currently operational throughout the Devon County Council Planning Authority?
- How many planning applications have been received for solar cell installations on commercial and residential properties?
Please note that Devon County Council is not a planning authority and is not responsible for planning applications for wind turbines or solar panel installations. Therefore we do not hold the information requested. I understand that responsibility for planning matters rests with each of the District and Unitary Councils in Devon. I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information requested.
In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;
Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below;