My request relates to pot holes and single track road from the A381 to Thurlestone, specifically around Whitley Cross.
1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspection, how these inspection should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
Our current road maintenance policy can be viewed online at: https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
2. A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 30th October and 29th December 2019
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc.)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out
A copy of the inspection reports, showing all the safety inspections, the defects which were identified and the action which was subsequently taken is available via the link below:
We can confirm that the carriageway inspection is driven at a slow speed with two people in the vehicle the inspector is the passenger in the vehicle who will inspect the carriageway.