“I would like to obtain recent information, from the Council, relating to unclaimed business rate credit balances. Please also indicate when requested information (spreadsheet or website) has been updated.
I am aware that all Billing Authorities hold on account sums of money that are due to be returned to ratepayers and for a variety of reasons have not been repaid and maybe considered untraceable by the Council.
I therefore request a breakdown of credit balances accrued since your earliest records, for the amounts owing to all incorporated companies within the authorities billing area including the following information:
- The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances remain payable.
- The value of over payment in each case which remains unclaimed.
- The years(s) in which over payment was made and the hereditament address.
- The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances has been written back on to the NDR account.
- The value of write back in each case which remains unclaimed.
- The years(s) in which write back was made (if available) and the hereditament address that the write back relates to.”
Please note that Devon County Council is not responsible for Business Rates and therefore does not hold the information requested. This function is provided by District and Unitary councils in Devon. Please contact them directly using the information on the links provided to obtain this information.