1. How many transgender students currently attend schools in your local education authority area?
2. How many transgender students have attended schools in your local education authority area in the preceding 3 years? (Please include data for each year)
3. How many schools implement specific trans policies for example about uniform, toilets, etc. that you are aware of? Once again, going back three years but if you only have recent years’ data that is fine.
4. How many schools in your local education authority area have mixed or unisex toilets?
5. How many trans students (that you are aware of) have attempted suicide or self- harm?
In relation to questions 1-5, we can confirm that Devon County Council do not hold this information. Individual maintained schools and/or academies may hold their own data with regard to students and we would recommend that you approach them, provided that no sensitive personal data is being sought. A list of Devon schools can be found on our website at:
6. What is the total number of schools in your local authority area?
366 LA Maintained Schools, Academies and Free Schools
7. What is the total number of pupils attending schools in your local authority area?
96,032 pupils (full-time only, excludes nursery pupils and part-time infants)
99,389 all pupils (including nursery and part-time infants)