1. On the A3079 road from Thorndon Cross to the junction in Halwill by Guscotts coaches from 01st July 2019 to 31st December 2019 how many pothole repairs have been carried out by either the council dept or contractors booked to carry out such repairs on each side of road.
This information is available via the link below; we should clarify that this includes details of repairs where the pothole was not yet considered to be a safety defect and repairs where the pothole had become a safety defect:
For further information on the definition of a safety defect, please refer to our Highway Safety Policy which can be viewed online at: https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/highways-safety-inspections/
2.Please supply a map of the above A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches showing where potholes were noted by either members of public or by inspection and repaired on each side of road 01st July 2019 to 31st December 2019, including the reference no’s of each pothole.
3. Please supply information of every time the stretch of road A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches has been inspected and where potholes were noted and repaired on each side of road from 01st July 2019 to 31st December 2019 .
4. Please supply the full report details for every inspection for the six months from 1st July to 31st December 2019 including all recommendations.
In response to questions 2-4, reports relating to inspections and repairs which have been carried out are available via the link below:
These include maps which show where potholes have been noted by either members of the public or by inspection, in response to question two.
These reports include full details of when the inspections have been carried out and the subsequent repairs have been completed, in response to questions three and four.
5. Please supply any recommendations for full resurfacing or sections of any parts of this road A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches 01st August 2019 to 31st December 2019 .
A resurfacing scheme is planned at this location on the A3079, and other sections of that route. There are particular engineering challenges due to the underlying conditions which have needed thorough investigation, and our design partners are currently working on a robust solution. The resurfacing work is scheduled to be carried out in 2020, the timing is yet to be agreed but local residents and businesses will be notified in advance
6. Please supply quantity of complaints by any motorists regarding the state of this road A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches and also damage caused in the year 1st January 2019 to 1st January 2020.
Two complaints were raised concerning tyre damage.
7. Number of car accidents reported on this road A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches 01st August 2019 to 31st December 2019.
We do not yet hold this information. It will be finalised with the Department for Transport and will be available in May 2020. Further information is available on our website at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/safe-travel/road-safety/collision-data/collision-data-frequently-asked-questions/glossary/
8. Please supply percentage of successful claims against pothole damage anywhere in Devon for year 1st January 2019 to 1st Jannuary 2020.
This information is available online at : https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/highways-insurance-claims/
9. Where any potholes are present and have been repaired on this stretch of road A3079 from Thorndon Cross to the Junction in Halwill by Guscotts Coaches, how many potholes have then had to be re visited for a second time to be repaired or a new one appearing next to it.
We do not hold this information.