Freedom of Information Act 2000
Date of Request: 09 February 2015
Date of Disclosure: 25 February 2015
Please find Devon County Council’s response to your questions below;
- In each of the following periods, how many stray dogs did the Council handle? From 1 October to 31 December 2013 From 1 January to 31 March 2014 From 1 April to 30 June 2014 From 1 July to 30 September 2014 From 1 October to 31 December 2014
- In each of the quarterly periods described above, how many of the stray dogs that were handled by the Councilb) Did you dispose of by selling or giving to a dog rescue establishment?d) Did you dispose of by selling or giving to person(s) who in your opinion would care properly for them?
- e) Did you dispose of by means of euthanasia?
- c) Did you dispose of by selling or giving to a commercial dog pound establishment?
- a) Did you return to the owner?
A) Please note that Devon County Council is not responsible for animal control and therefore does not hold the information requested. I understand that responsibility for animal control rests with District and Unitary Councils in Devon. I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information you require.
In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;
Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below