* A copy of your induction / welcome book that you give to staff
* A copy of your employee handbook.
We do not produce physical induction or employee handbooks. All information is accessible electronically to a new member of staff when they start with the organisation – this is available across a range of resources on our intranet and e-learning system.
A copy of our electronic welcome pack and screen shots of some of the materials are attached via the link below:
* Can you provide a breakdown of what training you offer to staff?
Corporately, we offer an online, blended learning induction programme for all staff that covers a range of topics and then a range of learning and development options for existing staff, in the following categories, in a blended format:
• Essentials for all: including difficult conversations, financial guidance; wellbeing; time management; Prevent; Domestic Abuse Awareness; Emotional Intelligence; meeting skills
• Essentials for managers: absence management; disciplinary; capability; mental health at work; communicating and engaging with your team; supervision and appraisal
• Wellbeing: remote working; resilience; healthy lifestyles; covid-19 support
• Learn by video: packages covering a range of the above topics
Business areas also provide area-specific training where required.
What training are you planning on providing to staff in the next 12 months?
We are finalising the development of a revised blended learning new manager programme covering personal values; working styles, self-reflection; HR policies and guidance; wellbeing; supervision and appraisal; mental health at work. Changes to leadership development will also be rolled out during 2021, which will include embedding our new Principles and Behaviours framework. Other topics are yet to be determined.
* What e-learning system do you use?
Devon Learning (DeL), supplied by Learning Pool
* Please can you provide a copy of your HR strategy?
The Council does not currently have a published HR strategy.
* Please can you provide a copy of your workforce development plan?
The Council does not currently have a published workforce development plan.
* Please can you provide a structure chart of your service or a breakdown of staff in the HR, L&D, payroll team by FTE and salary bands?
Structure, FTE and salary band information is available via the link below:
* Do you use a staff benefits platform? if so what is the annual spend on this?
The Council does not currently have a staff benefits platform and therefore there is no cost.
* What is the total FTE of your organisation?
The Council’s headcount as at November 2020 is 4089 FTE, excluding schools-based employees. Key Council workforce data is available online on the HR dashboard