I would like you to provide me with the following information:
• Details of the help you expect local schools to provide for children diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Please see the document setting out the expected help attached via the link below:
• The amount of money you delegate to St Nicholas Catholic Primary school for children with SEN but without EHC plans.
• Details of the criteria you use to decide when to make an EHC needs assessment of children with special educational needs.
Please see the attached document setting out the criteria
• Details on the percentage of EHCP assessments refused on first receipt by the LA, the percentage of those initially refused who subsequently reapply for an assessment and the percentage of those who subsequently reapply for an assessment who actually then get an assessment.
Refused on first receipt – 18%
Of those who are refused who subsequently reapply – 40%
Of those who subsequently reapply who then get an assessment – 37%
We should clarify that these details are for the period 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017
• Detail on percentage of those who have an assessment and who then subsequently have an EHCP within your LA areas.
82% assessed of which 42% have an EHCP and 58% are still under progression