Social Care Financial Review
1. Has the council undertaken any financial reviews to identify erroneous payments with regards to social care funding allocation or payments in the last five financial-years (2012/13 – 2017/18)?
a. If so, please state who conducted this review?
b. What was the period covered in the review?
c. Description of the review which was conducted?
d. What was the value of the erroneous payments identified?
e. Of which, how much was recovered?
f. How much did the third-party charge for the review?
Devon County Council do not hold any information; the council has not undertaken any specific financial reviews to identify erroneous payments with regards to social care funding allocation or payments in the last five financial-years (2012/13 – 2017/18).
Personal Health Budgets
1. Please provide the Councils spend and number of patients on social care personal health budgets (PHBs) for two financial years (16/17 and 17/18)
2. Does the council have any targets associated to the expansion of patients receiving a PHB?
a. If so, please provide detail of the targets (please include if applicable, detail of the proportion increase or target number and the year set to achieve)
3. Does the council use any third-party system to process the PHB payments?
a. If yes, please state the third-party system
b. Contract start date
c. Contract end date
d. Annual cost to the council for this system in 17/18?
4. Do patients receiving a PHB have to evidence their spending?
a. If yes, please provide detail on this process
Devon County Council do not hold any information; the council do not have personal health budgets a this is a matter for Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Social Care Spend and Patient Numbers
1. Please provide the number of organisations which provide social care services to the council by setting type, and the associated cost to the council for these services for 16/17 and 17/18
|Setting/Provider Type||2016/17 –|
No. of organisations
|2016/17 – Cost to the council|| 2017/18 –|
No. of organisations
|2017/18– Cost to the council|
|Residential Care Homes||601||£92m||594||£95m|
|Domiciliary Care Providers||156||£34m||149||£36m|
|Supported Accommodation||Information not held||Information not held||Information not held||Information not held|
Q2. Please provide the number of patients receiving social care support for 16/17 and 17/18 split by the following types of care:
|Support with memory and cognition||1,054||918|
|Learning Disability Support||2,408||2,365|
|Mental Health Support||1,466||1,038|
This information is extracted from our statutory returns to NHS Digital (SALT 2016/17, 2017/18). We have added information regarding Social support to complete the figures from the SALT LTS001a Long Term Services in year table.