1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to the road in question. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The current road maintenance policy is contained in the Highway Safety Policy which can be viewed online at:
2. Additional information on the road repair history for the past year…. again, please send me the full road repair history, to include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 30th October and 28th December 2017.
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc).
– details of all carriageway defects identified during the inspections, with description, date and time.
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
We have interpreted your request to refer to ‘Smiters Pit Lane’ in Shute.
No inspections were carried out between these dates.
However, by way of further assistance, we can confirm that, with reference to the Highway Safety Manual (please see our response above), this is a Category 10 minor service road and carriageway inspections are undertaken annually, in a driven inspection.
The most recent inspection was 23rd May 2017.