1. A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to Sidmouth Road, Honiton. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
This information is contained in the Devon County Council Highway Safety Manual, which is available to view online at:
2. A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– Details of all safety inspections between 25th October 2017 and 27th December 2017
Please see the attached record of inspections at:
– Details of how safety inspections were undertaken. (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle, etc.)
The carriageway inspections are driven, in compliance with the Highway Safety Manual referred to above in response to question 1.
– Details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time.
– Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and the repair being carried out.
Details of all identified defects and how the authority handled the defects are included in the attached record of inspections.