“Please provide details of all payments received under Section 106 Planning Obligations for the years 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 (and, if available, 2018/19), including the following details:
* The date the payment was banked
* The value of the payment
* The purpose of the payment (for example, payments made to ‘health care’ or ‘affordable housing’)
* The amount of the payment that has been allocated
* The amount that has been allocated but not spent
* The recipient of the allocated payment
* The amount that has been repaid to the developer
* The reason for the repayment”
We are unable to supply the above requested information under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 – ‘Cost of Compliance’. Under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004 public authorities are not obliged to comply with requests which exceed the cost limit of £450 (equating to 18 hours of time).
The requested information is not held centrally. On average, we receive upwards of 50 Section 106 payments each year. In order to provide the requested information, each individual file would need to be retrieved, reviewed and cross-referenced. We estimate that this would take approximately 30 minutes per file. For the time period specified this would take in the region of 150 hours.
Should you wish to refine your request to fall within the timeframe as outlined above (perhaps by limiting your request to a smaller timescale or specific area of Devon), we would be happy to review your request.