Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please supply the following
1. A list of all secondary, middle and upper schools in Devon and whether they were oversubscribed or not-oversubscribed on national offer day 2020 (1st March).
Please include each school’s Unique Reference Number (URN), DFE code, and/or address/postcode to allow us to identify each relevant school without ambiguity.
We define a school to be oversubscribed if, and only if, at least one on-time applicant was refused a place and the applicant did not receive an offer from any higher preference school.
If there were no refusals to on-time applicants – even if the school was unable to accept one or more late applications or admitted over its published admission number – then we do not consider this school to be oversubscribed.
If you use a different definition of oversubscription, then please make this clear in the response.
2. The total number of places offered at each school on national offer day 2020.
Questions 3-5 apply to oversubscribed schools identified in question 1 only:
3. The number of on-time applicants refused a place, at each individual school, who were not offered a place at any higher preference school.
By this we mean the number of unsuccessful on-time applicants remaining on each school’s waiting list on offer day.
4. The admission criterion under which the last successful applicant was admitted on offer day.
5. The home-to-school distance of the last successful applicant, assuming distance was used to allocate this place.
Please include measurement units and whether this is based upon a walking/driving route, straight line/as the crow flies distance or an alternative measurement system.
Please always list all schools within the Devon Local Authority even if you are unable to provide all the requested information – simply mark the relevant values as ‘Not Known’.
If any of these dates differ – please align to the relevant secondary offer/deadline dates for your local authority.
* Secondary National Offer Day – 1st March 2020.
* On-time applications ‘ submitted before October 31st 2019
* Late applications ‘ submitted after October 31st 2019
All requested information is available on the spreadsheet which can be accessed via the link below: