“I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to the Poltimore, Heathfield Cross to Bowls Cross.
Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The above requested information can be found via the below links on our website:-
Highway Safety Inspections provides details of inspection frequency and the most recent inspection date for all roads, including the road in question. You will see that this particular road is inspected every 12 months.
Roads and Transport Data – shows the maintenance category of all our roads.
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 16th November 2017 and 15th January 2018
Please refer to the Road Maintenance System report for this road.
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection
vehicle etc) please refer to the Highway Safety Inspections link provided above.
The highway safety inspection was conducted whilst driving.
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the
time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.”
The above information is provided within our Road Maintenance System report for this road.