“Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information, broken down by month since January 2014:-
- Total number of adult refugees resettled by your council under all government resettlement programmes
- Total number of child refugees resettled by your council under all government resettlement programmes
- Number of disabled adult refugees successfully resettled by your council
- Number of disabled child refugees successfully resettled by your council
NB: ‘Disabled’ refers to those with special educational or mobility needs. ‘Resettled’ refers to those accepted by your council under central government agreements (or equivalent).”
Please note that Devon County Council (DCC) only holds figures on adults and children resettled in the County Council area for the UK government’s Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme and Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme. The requested information is provided in the table below.
In this response we have interpreted terms in the question as follows:-
- “Special Educational Needs” – a child has been placed in a special school, or a claim for additional SEN funding has been made to the government’s resettlement programme to support special educational provision for a child in a mainstream school or setting. Note that in some cases, special educational need is only identified some time after arrival. We are aware of at least two cases where potential additional needs are being assessed but have not yet been confirmed.
- “mobility needs” – property adaptations or mobility aids for a resettled person were identified as a need before arrival.
- “successfully resettled” – the people resettled are still resident in Devon, their needs have been assessed and provision and/or plans are in place to meet the assessed needs. This applies to all people who have been resettled to Devon to date.
|Month||Total number of adult refugees resettled under all government resettlement programmes||Total number of child refugees resettled under all government resettlement programme||Number of disabled adult refugees successfully resettled||Number of disabled child refugees successfully resettled|
If you wish to speak with someone regarding the above request, please contact the Information Governance Team on 01392 383000 – ask for information governance – or email firstname.lastname@example.org