1. Does your department/agency/organisation currently use a private company to undertake any of the following services:
• Public Relations
• Social Media Communications
• External Stakeholder Communications
• Internal Stakeholder Communications.
Devon County Council do not currently have corporate contracts with private companies in place to cover the services detailed in question 1. However, individual contracts are tendered periodically for marketing and public information campaigns as detailed in the response to question 5 below.
2. If yes, can you please confirm:
• When the current contract was last let
• When the current contract expires
• Whether the current contract has options to extend its length
• When you expect to retender the contract.
Please see our response to question 1 above.
3. If no (to question 1 above), are you considering letting such a contract in the future and if so, do you have an approximate timetable for engaging the market?
Devon County Council is proposing to review its service delivery arrangements, but currently, the timetable for this review has not been finalised.
4. Have you used a private company to help you with any other marketing or public information campaigns in the past 2 years?
5. If so, could you please provide a brief overview of what those campaigns were about and approximately how long your contract with the company was for to support the campaign(s)?
1. Proud to Care – local and regional campaigns approximately 6 months each to promote awareness of careers opportunities in the health and care sector in both the private and public sectors to ultimately drive recruitment into these sectors.
2. Fostering recruitment – approximately 7 months a multi-media campaign for fostering recruitment.
3. Adopt South West – approximately 5 months – digital advertising to support the Adopt South West agenda.
4. Don’t let Devon go to waste – approximately 23 months for communicating waste reduction, reuse and recycling messages to people in Devon.
5. Devon Delivers – approximately 8 months – to provide support with our inward investment digital marketing campaign which promotes Devon as business location.