I would like to know details of anyone who has passed away with no known next of kin, from 01/01/2012 to the date of your reply. If there are any new cases dealt with after this date, please also include details in your response.
I would also like to know how often the list requested is updated by your council. Also, how I can see this list every time it is updated.
Please also supply a list of any Public Health Act Funerals (also known as Welfare or Environmental Health Act funerals) carried out from the above date if this is not forming part of your reply to the above.
This should include funerals carried out by the council or on behalf of any third party. Please include:
1. 1) The deceased’s full name(s)
2. 2) The date they passed away
3. 3) The approximate value of their Estate
4. 4) Their dates of birth, or age at death
5. 5) Whether or not they were married, divorced, single or widowed.
6. 6) The maiden surnames of married females or widows
7. 7) Their address at time of death
8. 8) The date when a referral was made to the Treasury Solicitor or Duchy of Lancaster/Cornwall or any other third party to research or administer, and the name of the third party the Estate was referred to.
9. 9) If a referral to the Treasury Solicitor or Duchy has not been made yet and you are of the belief it may well be, please advise me on this as well.
Given the accompanying documentation which was sent with your request, we have interpreted your entire request to refer to public health funerals or attached information. Funerals which are arranged pursuant to s 45 of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 are arranged by district, city or unitary councils. Therefore, Devon County Council does not hold the information you are requesting. Contact details for district, city, or unitary councils can be found on our website at: