“I would like to request information relating to public electric vehicle (EV) charging points provided by your authority on behalf of DevicePilot Ltd.
This will make up part of a larger report which will be aimed at lobbying the government to invest more money into EV charging infrastructure.
1. What is your current budget for purchasing public EV charging points per annum?
Devon County Council (DCC) does not have a dedicated budget for purchasing public EV charging points per annum and currently does not plan to own and/or operate public charging point infrastructure.
2. What is your current budget for maintaining public EV charging points per annum?
DCC does not have a dedicated budget for purchasing public EV charging points per annum and currently does not plan to own and/or operate public charging point infrastructure.
3. What is the cost associated with buying a single public EV charging point? Please include the total, including any OLEV funding.
4. What is the cost associated with maintaining a single public EV charging point per annum? Please include the total, including any OLEV funding.
5. How much government funding for public EV charging points have you received over the last 12 months? Please write ‘0’ if none.
DCC is delivering the Deletti programme (supported by European Regional Development Fund) which includes public EV charging points project with a capital budget of £250,000
6. What percentage of your annual budget for public EV charging points is funded by the government?
The Deletti programme is funded 60% by the European Regional Development Fund and 40% from Department for Transport Integrated Block Local Transport Plan.
7. How many new public EV charging points do you expect to see installed in your authority between now and end of year 2021? If you don’t have a specific number planned, please respond with “no specific number planned”
No specific number of DCC owned and operated EV charging points planned.
8. Do you have a plan in place for the installation of more public EV charging points through to 2025? If not, over what period of time do you have a roadmap for? If you don’t have a roadmap, please respond with ‘we don’t have any specific plan in place’.
DCC is supporting the installation of public EV charging points through individual projects and developing a formal strategy.
9. Are you making specific plans for the installation of rapid public EV charging points by 2025? If so, what percentage of new public charging points will be rapid? In this case, ‘rapid’ means 43Kw or more.
DCC is supporting the installation of public EV charging points when made aware of suitable external funding/projects.
10. Will COVID-19 related spending reduce your budget available for EV charging points in the next 12 months?
This is currently unknown. DCC does not hold this information.