In relation to the Private Finance Initiative contract(s) struck by yourselves (or your predecessor organisations):
1) For each contract, the projected total (whole life) cost of the scheme, in £, detailed when the scheme was first agreed (i.e. the original projected cost of all Unitary Charge Payments over the full life of the scheme).
2) The projected total (whole life) cost of the scheme, in £, as at August 1, 2019 (i.e. the real cost for previous years and projected cost for future years of all Unitary Charge Payments over the full life of the scheme).
If there is a difference between 1 and 2, please can you provide details of:
A) The date(s) the projected costs changed
We can confirm that these change annually
B) The reason(s) the projected costs changed
The cost changes due to the actual inflationary changes compared to the original forecasted inflationary changes.
Please can I also request:
3) A copy of the original contract/agreement;
A copy of the Project Agreement can be seen via the link below:
Minor redactions have been made to ensure that the disclosure of information, such as privately agreed commercial rates, which would have an impact on the commercial organisations in the agreement is kept confidential. Whilst we acknowledge the need to be transparent, it is not in the public interest to prejudice the commercial interests of the partners of Devon County Council and their future negotiations of commercial rates. The redacted information is therefore exempt from disclosure pursuant to s.43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
4) An itemised list of any payments made to the PFI contractors for services not included in the original PFI deal, from the beginning of the deal to the current date, and to include exact details of what was being paid for.
This information is held, partly by our partner organisations, and we estimate the time needed to locate, retrieve and collate it to be as follows :
* all monthly utility invoices for each of the schools from the start of the contract (14 years x 12months x 6 schools x 10mins per invoice = 168 hours).
* All monthly charges for damage caused by the schools/school-related parties from the start of the contract (14 years x 12months x 6 schools x 10mins per invoice = 168 hours).
* All variations since the start of the contract (in excess of 600) ‘ both capital and monthly additional project costs 600 x 30mins (300 hours)
* All small works and additional catering costs since the start of the contract. Approximately 14 years x 12 months x 6 schools x 30 minutes = 504 hours
* Exceeded hours for additional school use Approximately 14 years x 12 months x 6 schools x 20 minutes = 336 hours
Under the Freedom of information Act 2000 Section 12 – Cost of compliance, Devon County Council is not obliged to comply with requests where the time required would exceed the appropriate limit which is 18 hours. However, if you could consider the details above and reduce the scope of your request we would be happy to review your request.