Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please supply the following:
1. A list of all Primary, Infant and Junior schools in Devon and whether they were oversubscribed or not-oversubscribed on national offer day 2019 (16th April).
Please include each school’s Unique Reference Number (URN), DFE code, and/or address/postcode to allow us to identify each relevant school without ambiguity.
We define a school to be oversubscribed if, and only if, at least one on-time applicant was refused a place and the applicant did not receive an offer from any higher preference school.
If there were no refusals to on-time applicants – even if the school was unable to accept one or more late applications, or admitted over its published admission number (PAN) – then we do not consider this school to be oversubscribed.
If you use a different definition of oversubscription, then please make this clear in the response.
Please see the schedule available via the link below:
We confirm that we consider a school to be oversubscribed if it is at or above PAN on the offer day (16th April 2019)
2. The total number of places offered at each school.
Questions 3-5 apply to oversubscribed schools identified in question 1 only:
3. The number of on-time applicants refused a place who did not receive a place at any higher preference school.
By this we mean the number of unsuccessful on-time applicants remaining on each school’s waiting list. Please answer for each individual school.
4. The admission criterion under which the last successful applicant was admitted.
5. The home-to-school distance of the last successful applicant, assuming distance was used to allocate this place.
Please include measurement units and whether this is based upon a walking/driving route, straight line/as the crow flies distance or an alternative measurement system.
Please always list all schools within Devon Local Authority even if you are unable to provide all the requested information – simply mark the relevant values as ‘Not Known’.
The information requested in question 2-5 is available in the schedule available above.
If any of these dates differ – please align to the relevant primary offer/deadline dates for your local authority.
* Primary National Offer Day ‘ 16th April 2019.
* On-time applications ‘ submitted before 15th January 2019.
* Late applications ‘ submitted after 15th January 2019.
We can confirm that with respect to your note we refer to the same dates.